Frank Lloyd Wright Homes
Frank Lloyd Wright, widely referred to as the "greatest American architect of all time" created over 1,100 architectural designs, 532 of which were realized, created some of the most unique and innovative designs over his seven decade career.
After a delicious lunch, we first visit the Martin House Complex in Buffalo NY. Built in 1904 as part of a larger estate for Darwin D. Martin, the Martin house is the largest and most developed "Prairie House" on the east coast, and features "nearly 400 art glass windows throughout the complex that act as light screens to visually connect exterior views with the spaces within". This will be a 1 hour tour.
Next we will travel south to the outskirts of Buffalo for a visit to Graycliff, the summer estate of Isabelle R. Martin that sits high on a cliff above Lake Erie and is aptly called the "jewel of the lake" by many. The estate features three structures and gardens on 8.5 acres, highlighted by the main residence that features a pavilion-like center of tranparent glass, allowing views through the house of the lake beyond. This will also be a 1 hour tour.
Tour cost includes round-trip transportation on one of our luxury motorcoaches, delicious sit-down lunch, and admission to both attractions. Sign up today!
Departing Sep 15, 2021
- 7:00 AM - Cortland - Ted Testa Park, 1416 Star Rd
- 7:20 AM - Dryden - TC3 Parking Lot 5
- 7:45 AM - Ithaca - Behind the Clarion
- 8:00 AM - Ithaca - Green St. Bus Shelter
- 8:30 AM - Trumansburg, NY - Salo Drive Park and Ride Lot
Returning Sep 15, 2021
- 7:45 PM - Trumansburg, NY - Salo Drive Park and Ride Lot
- 8:05 PM - Ithaca - Green St. Bus Shelter
- 8:20 PM - Ithaca - Behind the Clarion
- 8:45 PM - Dryden - TC3 Parking Lot 5
- 9:00 PM - Cortland - Ted Testa Park, 1416 Star Rd
Single Price: $155.00
Trip Type: One Day ToursDeparture Date: Sep 15, 2021Return Date: Sep 15, 2021